Sunday, March 18, 2012

A good week

So, it has been a great week here at Healthcare, etc, and I am grateful.  Here are the highlights:

1. I did a guest post on plagiarism at Retraction Watch, and not only did it generate a fantastic conversation there, but it also brought other stories of plagiarism to us right here on this site. The story is not finished, and I will update when I can.

2. Gary Schwitzer of Health News Review cited 2 posts from Healthcare, etc. on his extremely popular and well-respected site here and here. The corresponding stories that he referenced were "Unpacking the meat data" (which incidentally is the most popular post of all time on this blog) and "PSA screening: Does it or doesn't it" (a niche post with a lively discussion in the comments).

3. The crowning glory of the week was being cited by Mark Bittman in his New York Times column on May 16th, which drove hordes of readers to Healthcare, etc.

4. Finally, my book is progressing through editing and design, and it is all beginning to seem more real. It feels like I am realizing my dream of bringing a critical approach to evaluating medical evidence to all who are interested. If you want to get news about it in your inbox, please sign up here.

In the next few weeks you can expect to hear about my experience attending and presenting at the Ignite Boston conference at MIT on March 29, as well as coverage from TEDMED 2012 in DC, which I am thankful to be attending as a Frontline scholar.

Thanks again to everyone for visiting, tweeting, linking and sharing in all other ways. Looking forward to seeing you here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment